Friday, December 5, 2008

Sudoko!

I finally finished the Sudoko Quilt. Just two hours before the Homemade White Elephant party. Aaah! Talk about cutting it close. I had a few problems putting this one together. I wanted to machine quilt it, but the back kept gathering and bunching. The stitching looked great on the front, not so great on the back. So I unpicked it all and started over. After three failed attempts, I decided to just tie it instead. Much easier and faster. Next problem, I ended up not having enough material to bind it using my favorite technique. So I had to figure out a different way. And with time slipping away, it needed to be a quick way.

Here are the pictures of the finished product. Notice that the Sudoko is perfect! No doubles in any column or row. Thank goodness that it was already printed out for me in the pattern. ;)


The Top Block



The Binding...I just flipped over the edge
and machine stitched it. Turned out Very Good!





Me and the Finished Quilt




The back material and binding.




We are also supposed to bring a treat to share. My kids have been begging
to make cookies. So we used a "Fat Lady" recipe for Spritz Cookies. YUM!!!




Wish me luck! Hopefully I'll come home with a good White Elephant
gift. At the very least, I'm sure to have a great time at the party! :)

2 comments:

Laurie said...

That quilt is SOOO cool!!! I LOVE Sudoku! Seriously, that's the coolest quilt I've ever seen!

Christina said...

The quilt turned out great. I can't believe you put that much time into a white elephant. I bet the lucky winner was thrilled!