Thursday, April 16, 2009

LOST with Miles

This week's episode was interesting. It wasn't as gripping as others have been, but it did put a few more pieces into place. I liked hearing some more of Miles backstory.

Things I liked about this episode:

1. Kid Ben's dad, Roger, coming in and freaking out about Kid Ben missing. Juliet acting all concerned, then after Roger leaves turning to Kate and saying, "Well, Here we go." Haha. Juliet is always calm and cool. She is such a rational gal but still nice.

2. Hurley telling Miles that he can talk to dead people too. Oh man. That was fantastic. The look on Miles face was hilarious. And I love that Hurley just said it like it was no big deal. He's another kicked-back character that I love! I also loved when they were discussing how they both "talk" to the dead people and arguing about who's way was right. And Hurley saying, "You're just jealous my power works better than yours." Classic funny!!!!!

3. Miles learning that a man was killed when his dental filling got pulled out through his brain. Sheesh! All the doctor shows have gotten so random and crazy trying to come up with new ways for people to be injured or killed. And no one came close to the LOST writers inventiveness. I've got a bunch of fillings, so I think I'll stay away from that particular Dharma facility... I really don't want to be killed by my fillings. I'd rather just fall asleep and not wake up. Yeah. That would be a peaceful death. I could handle that.

4. Roger showing some actual concern for his son Ben. Every so often we see the dad he could have been, if he wasn't such a resentful jerk.

5. The big reveal that Dr. Chang is Miles' DAD! Whoa! I didn't see that coming. Well, at least not until the beginning of this particular episode. Again, I loved Miles and Hurley's exchange:
Hurley: "Dude. That guy's a total douche."
Miles: "That douche is my dad."
I really like their conversations. They are very entertaining. :)

Another conversation...
Hurley: "So anyway..."
Miles: "I don't want to talk about it."
Hurley: "Are you kidding me? How weird is it that your dad is that dude from all those movies!"

Hahaha!!

And I also loved Hurley advising Miles ot give his Dad a second chance. That should be interesting to watch. ;)

6. Juliet not batting an eye when Sawyer decked a guy and told her to get some ropes. Like I said, That woman cannot be rattled!

7. Faraday is back!

8. And my favorite thing from tonight's episode...Drum roll please! Hurley writing a "better" version of Empire Strikes Back. Hahaha! That was so funny! Except, I liked the Ewoks. I thought thwy were pretty cute. Hahaha :)

I'm not sure whether or not to look forward to next week's episode. I'm not a fan of catch-up episodes, but they are promising it from a perspective we haven't seen before. Hmmm. It's kind of intriguing. I guess I'll just have to watch it and see.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

hello hottness! Here is the link you wanted!

http://bearybee.blogspot.com/

Check, check, check it out!