Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Christmas Meme

My Mom sent this to me. My answers are italicized.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bag? Gift Bag


2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial. I love the smell of real pine trees, but can only take it for a few minutes before I start wheezing and sneezing.

3. When do you put up your tree? sometime before Christmas Eve...


4. When do you take the tree down? sometime after Christmas...

5. Do you like eggnog? I like ONE glass, half egg nog, half milk and that is all I can stand

6. Favorite gift received as a child? When I was very little Dolls were my favorite. As I got older Books became the favorite. Still are actually. :)

7. Hardest person to buy for? My hubby

8. Easiest person to buy for? My kids

9. Do you have a Nativity scene? No. I have Nativity Scenessss. I have at least eight plus a bunch of Nativity ornaments. How could you NOT have a Nativity scene. That's what Christmas is all about afterall.

10. Mail or E Mail Christmas Cards? I used to do neither. I would just bake cookies and take them to all our friends and family. Since we don't live close to family now, I Mail Christmas cards instead.


11. Worst Christmas gift you ever got? Luggage. My parents got it for me when I was sixteen or seventeen. They thought it would be a great gift. It was useful, beautiful, and great quality so it would last for years to come. I thought the luggage meant they wanted me to move out and go to college or some scary thing like that. So I cried when I got it. And felt horrible and worried for days. Umm. Sorry Mom. I kind of missed the boat on that one. I still have that luggage and have used it many times. It turned out to be a good present. ;)

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? It's a Wonderful Life. That theme has helped me many times when I feel like I haven't accomplished anything amazing in my life. I remember that little things done for others can have a lasting impact. I also like The Fourth Wiseman. That one reminds me that we all have different paths, but everyones' path can lead to Christ...if you make that your goal and never forget it.

13. When do you start shopping for gifts? After Thanksgiving

14. Have you ever recycled a gift? Yes. And I'm not ashamed of it! Some things Need to be passed on.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Tamales, enchiladas, rice and beans

16. Lights on your tree? Yes, little white lights that do not blink. They remind me of stars, particularly of the One Star.

17. Favorite Christmas Carols? Mary Did You Know. Give me chills every time I hear it.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I like to be home. But I will visit family before or after Christmas morning.

19. Can you name all Santa's reindeer? Yes.

20. Angel on top of your tree or a star? Angel

21. Open gifts Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Morning. Sheesh! How impatient do you do you have to be to open presents Christmas Eve?

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The focus on Santa Claus and presents. It is Christmas. The Mass of Christ. The time when Christ should be forefront in our hearts and minds. I also think it is ridiculous that people will go into debt just so their kids will believe in Santa. They are just hurting themselves and their children in the long run.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Angels and Nativities, favorite color of the season is white...like the twinkling stars.

24. Favorite Christmas Dinner? Didn't we already cover this? I follow Christmas tradition on this one and eat Tamales and Enchiladas.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? For my family to remember the true reason for the season.

No comments: