Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Homemade Gifts

I am really liking my new neighborhood. They are so active and fun. I am invited to a Homemade Gift Exchange the first Friday of December. We would exchange the gifts White Elephant style. My first thought was Yay! I got invited to a party! My second thought was What in the world can I make in three weeks?

I pulled out a cross-stitch sampler that I had never gotten around to framing. It was a beautiful pattern and had turned out really well. I decided to get it framed and take that to the party. Well, the frame cost more money then I was willing to spend for a white elephant. So I needed to come up with another idea. And the thought came, Aren't you a Quilter??? Duh! Of course I am. So I am going to make a small quilt.

I went to a local quilt shop and purchased a Sudoku pattern. Came home, pulled nine fat quarters that looked good together, and proceeded to cut out my pieces. I have two weeks to piece it, quilt it, and bind it. Wish me luck!!


1 comment:

Laurie said...

You'll have to post a picture when it's done!!