Friday, April 16, 2010

No Baby Yet...

Today, April 16, is exactly five days before my due date. I feel great, which is making me grouchy. Haha! I feel like I should be doing something, but I don't want to start any new projects. Remember that great book by Dr. Seuss,"Oh, The Places You'll Go"? I am stuck in the waiting place, for people just waiting. I keep thinking that I could go into labor at any time and I really don't want to have to put a project away while laboring! So what to do...what to do...
.
I decided to go shopping.
.
I know, I know. What is the world coming to if Sarah Blue is voluntarily shopping? Haha! My Mom and Sisters jaws will probably drop when they read that.
.
I have several South African souvenirs given to me by my dear Grandparents. I have had them in my cedar chest for years! Finally, I have a spot where it is safe and beautiful to display them. I already have two pieces out and have been searching for a way to display a third piece. The problem is...it is an Ostrich Egg. And nobody makes displays specifically for Ostrich Eggs. So I've been hunting around, keeping my eye out for something that would work.
.
This morning the Cakes and I hit the boutiques downtown. And boy did we luck out! I was fortunate enough to be waited on by a woman with imagination...something I am a bit lacking in. She pulled out a beautiful piece that I knew would be much too large. Then she started telling me her idea: fill it with twigs and put the egg on top...like a nest! Wow! I absolutely never thought of that. Maybe you would have, but not me. I was just hoping for a small vase with a wide mouth or maybe a big goblet. This is a much cuter idea.
.
Here is the egg and it's soon to be home.
.
.

.
Here are the twigs soaking. The woman suggested just breaking them into small pieces and sticking them together. However, if I'm going to do this, I'm going to do it right. I'm soaking the pieces then bending them. That yellow bowl is currently sitting on my counter with a bunch of twigs and water. I'm going to drain them in about five minutes and then let them dry and set in the circular pattern.
.
I'm going to keep the black material in the bowl. I'm a quilter! How could I not? ;)
.
I plan on putting the twigs on top. But I'm going to play around with it to see what looks best.
.
.
.
.
In the meantime, here's a picture of another project that I completed last weekend. I added little loops to all the big towels in my house. My kids would hang up their towels after baths, only to have them fall down again. With the loops, no more falling towels. Hooray!
.
.

.
.
And finally, a little more pregnant info, if you're interested.
.
I have gained a full forty pounds. That is pretty good for me. I've gained sixty before.
.
The boy usually rides low. It is very uncomfortable, but I figure Hey! At least I can breathe! For an asthmatic that is a huge thing. I never liked having my lungs smushed. The kid is stretching out in this picture...not that you can tell. But trust me, he is. ;)
.
.

.
.
I am currently dilated to 3 cm. I have been for two or three weeks now. No big deal. I've been dilated to 4 cm before without going into labor.
.
Hubby's coworkers have decided to try and guess how big this baby is going to be. Hubby called me for some statistics to help them in their guessing. I have the stats memorized. Haha! I've been trying to guess the size of this baby too.
.
In case you want to play along, here is the information we are using to guess:
Baby #1 weighed 7 lbs, 12 oz at 20 days early.
Baby #2 weighed 10 lbs, 1 oz at 3 days late.
Baby #3 weighed 9 lbs, 7 oz on his due date.
Baby #4 weighed 8 lbs, 11 oz at 14 days early.
.
Let me know what you think. But if you try and guess something like eleven pounds or more, be warned. I will probably never talk to you again. Especially if you end up being right. I will blame you for jinxing me.
.
And now I'm off to do some more shopping. This time I am shopping for clothes...wedding clothes. Wish me luck! Maybe my water will break if I walk around enough. ;)

No comments: