Monday, January 4, 2010

Naive Dr. Who Fan

After many days of searching the internet, I found the links to watch the final episodes of Dr. Who starring David Tennant and written by Russell T Davies. I'll provide the links first then my review. I don't want anyone spoiled before they can watch. But be warned, the review will contain SPOILERS!!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
The End of Time was magnificent! So many wonderful story lines all coming together in the most brilliant way! When I first saw Timonthy Dalton on screen I was both confused and ecstatic. Ecstatic because he's such a fun and talented actor. Confused because what is he doing narrating Dr. Who??? I would never have imagined that Davies would actually show us the end of the Time Lords. Holy Guacamole!! That was such a big surprise!
.
We got to see more of Gramps. I knew Donna (Catherine Tate) would be back from watching the trailers. I just assumed that Gramps would be secondary to her storyline. That caused quite a bit of concern for me. I like Donna. A lot! I really didn't want her brains to get burned from remembering. I was most pleasantly surprised that Gramps turned out to be the companion for the End. It was marvelous! Bernard Crippins was a complete joy to watch. He was a perfect companion for Dr. David to end his tenure with. Perfect! And I must say my heart just about leapt out of my chest when dear old Gramps knocked four times to be let out of the nuclear holding cell. "He will knock four times and you will die." What a kick in the bum for poor Dr. David!
.
I loved that the Doctor returned to visit all his old companions. I wish that he had spent more time with Martha. That was a bittersweet moment for me, and her! Her poor Hubby had to comfort her a bit after the Doctor just walked away. Again! Sheesh. I loved that the Doctor attended Donna's wedding. That he saw his best friend happy, safe, and loved.
.
But the best companion visit was to Captain Jack. It was the best because of Hubby's reaction to the Doctor's set up of Jack and Alonso. And I quote:
.
"Wait...What?? Captain Jack is a flamer?!?!?!"
.
Hahahaha! Can you believe my poor naive husband? Hahahaha! I just about had an asthma attack laughing at him. I pointed out that when first introduced, good old Jack had come onto the Doctor. Hubby doesn't remember that. I then pointed out that Captain Jack made eyes at every single living creature he met. Didn't matter the gender, species, size, color, or temperature of the creature. Good old Captain Jack would be making googly eyes at him/her/it, trying to get him/her/it into his bed.
.
So, No, dear Hubby of mine. Captain Jack is not a flamer. Dr. Frank-N-Furter is a flamer. (and a gorgeous one, I must confess!) Captain Jack is... Well, Good old Jack, He is SO.  MUCH.  MORE!!! Hahahaha!!!

3 comments:

TAMMY CLARIDGE said...

My dad used to watch Dr. Who... how funny. Congratulations to Anne for her baptism! Wish we could've been there. Any idea on BOY names yet? Congrats there too! Great pics of your hubby as the wolf! My whole family did the community theater growing up. It was so much fun! And I hope you aren't having any more sad days and that you got your ticket erased. What a mean cop!

Crunchyconmommy said...

I'm so sad! It was a worthy send-off, though. You noticed that Martha married Mickey, right? And I loved Bernard Crippins, too. So if Hubby didn't know about Jack, I'm guessing you've never watched Torchwood... It's pretty stinky to make a VERY adult spinoff of what is, essentially a kids' show; Thomas really wants to watch Torchwood, and I won't let him. (btw, the Torchwood 5 night mini-series this last summer was really great, despite some more adult Jack-content; really well-written though dark and depressing as heck!)

I'm completely rooting for Matt Smith to succeed as the Doctor, but I just want to cry when I contemplate a Tennant-less Who! (did you know he's doing a US pilot called "Rex is Not My Lawyer"? I hope they let him sound Scottish.)

Megan said...

I saw a commercial for Dr. Who a while ago. I thought it looked good, but I definately do not control the remote around here!!!