Thursday, December 17, 2009

Into the Woods

Well, I am finally posting about Into the Woods. I was originally waiting until the CD drive on my computer could be fixed, so I could put up a bunch of pictures of the other cast members. But it looks like my CD drive is dead and gone for good. That means you only get pictures from my camera. Which means lots of pictures of Hubby.
.
They didn't allow pictures to be taken during the performance. Being my guilty self, I followed this rule, even though my sister-in-law was unashamedly taking picture after picture. She promised to share and true to her word she sent me copies...on a CD. Grrr. ;)
.
.
Hubby heading out the door.
No make-up, No costume. Just his plain, old self.
.
.
.
Turning into the Wolf!
.
.
.
His metamorphosis helpers
.
.
.
The Wolf!
Hubby is wearing a prosthetic on his nose and chin, to give him a more wolfy look. His hair was better the first day. It was gelled into place to look like wolf ears. The lady who helped him do it was sick the day I took this picture.
.
.
.
Full Wolf Costume-Front View
The ladies who made this did a fantastic job!!
.
.
.
Full Wolf Costume-Back View
.
.
The Wolf costume looked so good on stage! I had no idea what it would look like. When he first came on stage, I yelped and covered my eyes. Haha! It was such a surprise. And the way he moved while in this costume...Wow! It was very animalistic and kind of creepy. I could hardly watch his scenes with Little Red and Grandma. He was just too creepy for me. Haha!! What a funny thing to say about your husband. ;)
.
The ladies who made the costume were cursing the fur fabric. It did not cooperate at all. I think it turned out great! It's already been borrowed a few times for other shows.
.
.
.
Look out Little Red! He's trying to eat you!!!
.
.
.
Now he's pretending to be nice.
.
.
.
His true colors coming out again!
Watch out Granny! Run Little Red!
.
.
.
What big eyes you have Grandma!
The picture cracks me up.
.
After singing Hello Little Girl, Hubby only has a few minutes to take off his wolf coat and pants, throw on his Prince pants and Granny's nightgown, and jump into bed pretending to be Grandma. Again, this picture cracks me up. Seeing it in real life though, absolutely Hilarious!!
After he's killed, crew members wheel him (still in the bed) off stage. He then had to quickly scrub his face, tame his hair, and don his Princely attire.
.
.
.
The Prince Brothers
The man who played Rapunzel's prince directed Hubby and the girls in Annie!
.
.
After the performance ended, we were able to meet and greet the cast. I left Cakes home with a babysitter. There's no way he would have sat through the entire play. Joe, Anne, and Rose were so excited to see their Dad performing!
.
.
.
Prince Charming and his adoring family
pictured are Joe, Anne, and Rose with my Grandma and Aunts
.
.
.
Hubby and the Baker
Showing there are no hard feelings, even though Hubby totally macked on the Baker's Wife!
.
.
.
The full Cast in one set of costumes
.
.
.

Full Cast in another set of costumes
.
.
Some cast members only had one costume they wore the entire show. Others had quite extensive costume changes! Cinderella was the worst. She had her dirty cinder clothes, ball gown, wedding gown, and pretty peasant clothes. Luckily, her make-up stayed about the same through the show. She only had to remove some ash after the first set of songs.
.
Even though Hubby only had three costume changes, he had to deal with cleaning all the wolf make-up off and applying more princely make-up in a matter of minutes. Granny had a tough time too. She played three characters, Granny, Cinderella's Mom, and the Giant. She also made many of the costumes (including the Wolf). She is a trooper!!
.
The show was great. I am so glad that I was able to see Hubby perform in it. The entire cast did a superb job. I absolutely love the theatre and am very grateful to have two active production companies in my city.

No comments: