Saturday, May 16, 2009

President Who?

I was playing with my children this afternoon when the topic turned to politics. It was such an odd and funny conversation that I had to share it.

Joe comes to me, sounding so sad and dejected.

Joe: Dash wants Obama to be our President.


Me: That's good because Mr. Obama is our President.


Joe: Yeah, well, I don't want him to be our President.


Me (taken aback): You don't? Who do you want to be our President?


Joe: I want our old President back.


Me: You want President Bush back?


Joe: No. Not him. The other President.


Anne: Do you mean President Hinckley? Gordon Hinckley?


Joe: No. Not him.


Rose: Good. Because he's dead.


Joe: Not Obama. Not Hinckley. Not Bush. The other one. President Maw...


Me: President Monson?


Joe: Yeah. Him. I liked him. I want him to still be President. Not Obama.


Haha! I quickly explained to Joe that President Monson is still our President. He is the President of the Church and our religious leader and will be for quite a while. I also told him a little about President Obama and his role for our country. I'm not sure Joe understood it all, but he is much relieved that Monson is still our Prophet & President.

4 comments:

Christina said...

I agree with Joe, I much prefer President Monson to Obama. He must be a good judge of character.

Nancy Face said...

Joe is a very smart boy! I agree with him! :D

Brenda said...

That is cute! How is your painting coming along?

Tina said...

You were only slightly incredulous when you thought he wanted President Bush back? ;)

Joe knows who to want!