Saturday, January 29, 2011

Caveman Say Ugh!

My previously mentioned diet has been thrown out the window by my lovely allergist. It has been replaced with the "Caveman Diet".

I told that to my Mom and she groaned in sympathy for me.

For those who don't know, when you are on the Caveman Diet you may "eat all you want" of

-Fresh fruits (or frozen if home prepared)
-Fresh vegetables (or frozen if home prepared)
-Broiled, boiled, or baked meat & fish

I may drink all I want of pure fruit juice, pure vegetable juice, and water (bottled or filtered is better)

I may NOT have
-any prepared food products (boxed mixes, etc.)
-cake, cookies, candy, or soft drinks
-any grains or nuts (including rice & soy)
-any dairy products--milk, butter, margarine, cheese, yogurt, ice cream, etc.
-any fruit, vegetable, or meat to which you have been found allergic
-fruit drinks. They contain corn syrup and are NOT allowed

I may have one teaspoon of honey per day.


I really appreciate the upbeat spin they tried to put on this diet by stating that I may "eat all I want" of those three precious food groups.

This is DAY 3 of the Two-Weeks required for this diet.

I don't know if I'll make it...

So far my will-power is holding out.

Actually, I am quite impressed with myself. I have cookies and crackers and bread and chocolate and oats and granola and many other yummy but forbidden foods filling my pantry and fridge. But I haven't succumbed to temptation yet.

Hooray for me.

I just have 11 more days to make it through.

ELEVEN!!!

This CaveGirl says UGH!!!

2 comments:

TAMMY CLARIDGE said...

Girl... sounds brutal!! But you can do it!!! Just a little bit longer!

Julie Moore said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.