Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Lady with the Alligator Purse

Do you remember in elementary school singing about Ms. Suzy and her baby? Remember? His name was Tiny Tim. Ms. Suzy put him in the bathtub, to see if he could swim. Instead of swimming, that goosey baby drank up all the water and he ate up all the soap. Then he tried to eat the bathtub, but it wouldn't fit down his throat.

Do you remember how Ms. Suzy called a Doctor to come help? Except the Doctor didn't know what to do. So the Doctor called a Nurse. That was a pretty smart move. Nurses know lots of stuff and are a great help to patients. However, in this case, the Nurse didn't know what to do either. So the Nurse called in the Lady with the Alligator Purse. Surely she would know what to do!

I don't know what qualified this gal. I don't know why the Nurse would think the Lady could help nor the nature of their relationship. That information is not relevant to the story. The pertinent piece of information is that where the Doctor and Nurse failed, the Lady with the Alligator Purse succeeded. She got all the water and soap out of Tiny Tim. She saved the day. We don't know what methods she used. What we do know is 1) it was painless to the baby, 2) was performed quickly, 3) had little, if any, recovery time, and 4) cost nothing.

At least, that was the version of the song I learned.

And today...I'm wishing for a Lady with an Alligator Purse.

Because I've been to see the Doctor.

And I've been to see the Nurse.

And they agree...I need surgery.

Again.

I have lovely polyps sitting in my sinuses. I'm such a lucky girl!

I wasn't surprised by the diagnosis. I've had polyps before and have undergone surgery twice to have the removed. Such is the plight of the asthmatic, allergy-ridden peoples of the world.

Truthfully, I'm looking forward to the surgery. My face has been hurting for several months now. The pain has spread to my neck, shoulders, and jaw. And my sinuses have been pulsating with their hatred of the polyps. Angry, pulsating sinuses are never fun.

Oh well.

I'm scheduled to go under the knife in just three weeks. So even though I won't get the Lady's magical no pain, quick recovery cure, at least I will be getting it FREE!

Why free? That is all thanks to the Baby Jim and already having met my deductible for the year. Hooray!

Thank You Baby Jim! And thank you good insurance with your reasonable cap. I really appreciate you!

Wish me luck. I'm going to need it. :S

2 comments:

Kimmy said...

Awww- that stinks.. sorry youre gonna have to go through surgery. having people messing around in my sinuses doesnt sound like fun. BUt hopefully the relief will be worth it...
Good luck and let me know if i can do anything to help-- ok?

Lisa Love said...

I do wish you luck Sarah. I pray the Lord will watch over you and all will be well. Keep us updated.