So, yesterday was my birthday. It started out just like any other day. But quickly became memorable in a few expected and unexpected ways...
1. Hubby participated in the musical play "Into the Woods". He played the Wolf and Cinderella's Prince. I have pictures and a review that I will post later. After our extended family vacates my home.
2. My Mom & Dad called to wish me Happy Birthday.
3. I received no presents. I told Hubby and kids that I didn't want gifts anymore. I'd rather have service. So I have been promised foot rubs, books read aloud, and songs sung sweetly. (My parents did send me a card & $$ last week. I used it to pay a Scout to paint my girls' bedroom. That was a great present.)
4. My Mom, Dad, sister V, Grandma C., Aunt K and Aunt K (they're twins, hence the similar names) came to visit me and attend the play with me. Grandma C. hasn't been anywhere outside her county for many years due to Grandpa C. And I was her first visit. I feel so special. :)
1. Two of my sisters called to wish me Happy Birthday. And even sang to me.
2. My Visiting Teacher remembered my birthday!! And, as if that wasn't enough, she brought me a card and some cookies. I haven't had a V.T. remember my birthday with treats (or at all) in quite a while. It's always an afterthought the next time they see me.
3. Farrah Fawcett died. She was 62. Her death is attributed to cancer.
4. Michael Jackson died. He was 50. His death is currently attributed to cardiac arrest, but an autopsy has been ordered so his family and the police will know exactly what happened.
Anyhoo, most of the day felt pretty regular. But it will definitely not be a day that I forget.