Monday, August 2, 2010

Adios Amiga

My heart is feeling so sad and conflicted right now.
.
This morning I attended my final CFT meeting with Miss Q. The Baby Jim and I took her, along with the remainder of her possessions, to the meeting. We had taken her dog and the majority of her belongings to her Mom's place a week ago. At the meeting, I turned in all of my paperwork, handed over Miss Q's birth certificate, social security card, and immunization records. Then I handed the darling girl back to her Mom.
.
It was hard.
.
Harder than I had anticipated.
.
Handing over Mr. J was not this hard.
.
I think a lot of that has to do with who took custody of Mr. J. He wasn't returned home. He was placed with his Great-Aunt. A marvelous woman. She works hard, maintains employment, is kind & compassionate, and has her head on straight. I really do not worry about Mr. J's physical or emotional well-being while he is in her care. She has proven herself strong and capable. I know he's okay. I know he's loved. I know he will be taken care of in absolutely every facet of his life.
.
Miss Q's placement, I'm not so sure of.
.
As I was turning things over and explaining different appointments and expectations to Miss Q's Mom, my heart grew heavy with worry. I've met with her Mom before. I know how her Mom is. I know that the woman does love her daughter. But actually handing over Miss Q to her care...It was hard to walk away.
.
The only thing that is helping is knowing that this placement is what Miss Q wants
.
The girl has wanted to return home so badly for such a long time. She didn't think it would be possible until she turned eighteen. She worked hard. And with a little help from our family, she was able to achieve her goal. She is thrilled to be returning to her Mother's care.
.
And I am happy for her. Really. I am.
.
I'm happy that she is getting her wish. I'm happy that she is happy. But I am also so, so worried.
.
I told her to be sure to use me for one of her emergency contacts, especially since most times they want a contact who is not related or living in the same house. I told her to call me any time if she needed help and Hubby or I would be there as quick as can be. I've told her I love her and that I am planning on always being in her life.
.
But I am so worried.
.
And I kind of miss that crazy teenage girl.

4 comments:

Sabra said...

She will be greatly missed. She has touched many lives, and she probably has no idea.

Tina said...

Reading this is making me cry. You are so sweet. You have been so good for her...just what she needed at the time.

Megan said...

We will all miss her.

Kimmy said...

I cant imagine how hard that would be- saying goodbye- but one thing to remember is that even if things are gonna be hard for her, her Heavenly Father is very aware of her. She'll be ok.
I'll miss her too.