Friday, July 30, 2010

Holy Nerd-dom Batman!

I think I might have to turn in my nerd card.
.
Between entertaining the troops, transitioning foster kids to their new placements, and caring for my newborn, I completely spaced Comic-Con this year!
.
I can hardly believe it. This is such a huge event. And I missed it. All the hype, all the pre-con interviews, all the new anime. Everything! I missed it all.
.
I should mention that I have never attended Comic-con in person, but I have stalked the event online for years. There is so much great information that is available online pre-con.
.
Last year I almost attended in person. I had finally convinced myself that buying a ticket and ditching my family for a few days was not a selfish thing. It was one of those "Take care of yourself so you can take better care of your family" things. But at the last minute (meaning two months prior to Comic-Con when the really good tickets were still available) I chickened out. Like many nerds, I do not look forward to fighting large crowds for a seat in each event. (I'm the type that will pay extra for a concert ticket to ensure a reserved seat.)
.
I've spent the last week browsing the web for updates and reviews. While I am not an avid comic book fan, I do have a few that I follow. And it's always nice to see the new sci-fi and fantasy movie trailers.
.
My favorite thing, though, is Anime. And this year's Comic-con had an Anime overload. All four days of the convention, Anime was streaming. They had three rooms set up with each room streaming different Anime from 10:00 am to midnight and beyond! What a treat that would have been!!
.
Oh well. In other nerd news, a guy working on the Kepler mission has reported that the Milky Way could be home to 100 million Earths. Although preliminary and maybe not 100% accurate, the news is very exciting.

No comments: