Saturday, May 22, 2010

LOST is Explaining Deaths

.

.

.

.

.

***LOST Spoilers Ahead...Proceed With Caution***

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

This was a terrific episode. I was sad to watch it though. This is the last episode before the finale. This is one of the few shows that I have watched to the end that managed to not fizzle out. The plot and writing have remained strong to the end.

.

Be sure to tune in Sunday night for the Finale!

.

1) The Concert!! That is going to be a big event. First we learned that David is going to be playing at the concert with Papa Jack planning on attending. I’m not sure if he will still make it to the concert on time, since Desmond has sent him looking for his Dad’s body. Other people we know will be attending include Charlotte, Miles, Miles’ Dad (sorry, I forgot his name), Desmond, and Kate. I’m not sure if Hurley and Sayid will attend be there. I’m kind of thinking that Desmond has other plans for those two. But if they do end up attending, I’m thinking that Libby might come as well.

.

Miles said that it was a fundraiser for his Dad’s work. Do you think he is still working for the Dharma Initiative? How weird would that be to see a concert hall all done up with the Dharma insignia everywhere! Haha! I’m thinking that whatever project he is working on, he probably has Charles Whidmore or Eloise involved. You know we are going to see more of those two at some point during the finale. Actually, I’m thinking, more than anyone else, we need to see Eloise and Daniel. They both knew something was up in the Sideways timeline. Especially Eloise! I would like to see more of what she knows…

.

2) Desmond is fabulous. I can’t believe he went after Ben like he did and how crazy that getting beat up by Desmond is what helped Ben to see. Then he goes to Sawyer to confess and gets thrown in prison with Sayid and Kate. I started cracking up when I saw that. However, I just thought that Desmond would try to talk to them both while in prison. I should have known that crafty and intelligent man had more up his sleeve. He is doing a superb job linking the Oceanic passengers to each other. Do you think Eloise is going to be mad at him? ;)

.

I loved the prison break. I loved that Hurley was the accomplice and financer of the operation. And I loved that Hurley apologized to Desmond for bring him the Camaro. Haha! That was great!

.

3) Jack needs his eyebrows trimmed and one particular eyebrow hair just needs to be plucked! When the scene opened up on his eye, all I could see was that one long, nasty looking eyebrow hair looping down over his pretty green eye. As someone who has to trim their own eyebrows, I understand that it’s not always easy to keep up with the maintenance. But come on! Jack has a whole team of make-up people who make sure the blood and scars are in the same place for each episode. Why couldn’t someone have watched out for the man’s eyebrows too?

.

4) Benjamin Linus is a conundrum. I really like him, but he keeps doing bad, bad things on the Island. Remember when he almost died as a little boy and was saved at the temple. Kate was warned that he “would never be the same again”. Do you think the temple sucked out his conscious? Do you think it was the temple’s fault that he turned into such a self-serving, self-preserving-no-matter-who-gets-hurt kind of guy? Of course it didn’t. Ben has proved that he can be kind and loving. He proved that when he saved Alex and then as he raised her. He’s shown compassion when dealing with the Others. He can be the kindest, warmest man, then he’ll turn around and snap your neck. I just really don’t know what to think about him. I’ve been going through this for how many seasons know??? Ey-yah!

.

Sideways Ben is nice through and through. He started to get a little power hungry when dealing with the principle, but pulled back for Alex. How great was it to see Sideways Ben meet Danielle! My goodness, did you see the sparks? I certainly did. I also don’t think it was onions that made Ben tear up. Neither did Danielle. She was very sweet when she played along with Ben’s excuse and promised to use less onions the next time. It was a tender moment when she told him that Alex saw him as a father-figure. I said it before and I’ll say it again, I want to see Sideways Ben happy and settled down with a wife. I kind of played around with the idea of Danielle because Island Ben loved Alex so much, but I never thought it would really happen. That’s one of the things I love about this show…they keep throwing me for a loop, but in such a way that it makes sense and I totally buy it!

.

5) Back to the beginning. Jack and John are again arguing Fate versus Coincidence. But both are now mature enough to agree to disagree politely. Or maybe the politeness comes from the fact that they aren’t all stuck on an Island and majorly stressing out. It was interesting to watch their exchange in Jack’s office. John and Jack both have not yet flashed, but they are definitely benefiting from lessons they learned on the Island. I wonder what will finally make them both “see”…

.

6) If Whidmore is always three steps ahead of Ben then:

.

A - Why didn’t he sink the boat before he headed to the houses? Why didn’t he just stash his equipment into some bushes and sink the stinking boat!

.

B - Why in the world did he think that Ben would actually keep his hiding spot secret?

.

C – How did he not see it coming that Ben would want revenge for Alex’s death?

.

D – Why would he think that BSM would actually spare his daughter’s life if he gave up the info regarding Desmond?

.

E – How did he not see it coming that Ben would go a little nuts and kill him?

.

Sorry to tell you this Charles, but you are definitely NOT three steps ahead of Ben. L

.

7) Richard can’t die. BSM threw him hard, but the man can’t die. I am wondering how Richard will figure in to the season finale. Also, where is Miles? Do you think he will run into Jack and the others? Or do you think the BSM will bet to him first? I’m thinking that the Lost writers will have Miles first run in to somebody so that his death will make more of an impact. The Lost writers don’t seem to kill off anybody quietly or without someone watching.

.

8) Ben agreed to help BSM in exchange for the Island. At the end of the episode, BSM told Ben he planned to blow up the whole Island…the very thing he’d told Ben he could have. With this newfound info, I’m thinking that Ben won’t be as loyal to BSM as he might otherwise have been. Although, I don’t think Ben was loyal to BSM at any point. Ben kind of seems to just be in pure survival mode. He is doing whatever he can to stay alive. Do you think he will be the Gollum of this story? A twisted creature who unwittingly helps to overcome the evil. Or do you think he will be more like the Darth Vader? A man who at the very end recognizes the good and sacrifices his own life to defeat the evil. At this point, I’m thinking it will be one of these two. And yes, in both my scenarios Ben dies. I really can’t see the Lost writers letting him live. I will be quite surprised if he survives the finale.

.

9) Why did BSM leave Claire alone on the other Island? I say alone because I am sure that BSM killed everyone else before he left. I don’t know what is going to happen to her. Also, now that Jack is the replacement, what is going to happen to Kate, Sawyer, and Hurley? Since they are no longer candidates, I am thinking that the BSM will be free to kill them. Watch out guys!!!

.

10) Jack is the Replacement!!! Wow! I thought it would be him. I like that Jacob let them volunteer. I half-expected Sawyer, after hearing Jack volunteer, to jump up and insist that he be the one instead, just to outdo Jack. Haha. I’m glad that he kept his head cool in that moment. I think it will be a good job for Jack. It will give purpose and meaning to his life, he will be serving and helping. It was good to see Jack be sure of himself too. Confidence in himself is something that Jack has continuously struggled with. Even as he volunteered, he was almost asking Jacob if that was the right choice. I’m glad that Jacob called him on that. “Is that a question Jack?” I was happy when Jack answered more confidently that it was not. Good job Jack. Now go protect the light.

.

Wasn’t it interesting to learn some of the reasons behind why Jacob chose the people he did?

.

And, how do you think they will finally kill the BSM? I just had a totally weird and random thought!!! Hahahaha!! My kids, for that last few months, have really been in to watching the “Ernest” movies. In the Halloween Ernest, there are monster trolls who are defeated by milk. But one of the trolls has grown so large that the only way left for Ernest to destroy it is by loving it and giving it a great big kiss! Hahahaha!! If the Lost writers go anywhere near the plot line of killing the BSM with love or kindness I am going to have an asthma attack from laughing too hard! Hahaha!!!

.

11) Do you notice Jack’s face as he drank the water? His eyes fluttered and then opened with such a look of understanding and enlightenment. That was some good acting! I had wondered how Jack would know how to protect the light. I had wondered how Jacob knew, since his Fake Momma hadn’t had time to explain everything. After watching Jack’s eyes after drinking the water, I have decided that when a person becomes the Protector, they just know how to do the job. I wonder how long Jack will last. BSM was unable to hurt Jacob or his candidates, but will the deal extend to the new protector? And do you think Jack has any powers now? Jacob didn’t seem to have any, but how cool would it be if Jack could find some way to harness the light within himself and cast the BSM back down into the hole. Yeah! That would be great!

.

********

To close things out, I am going to list my favorite lines from this episode.

.

Favorite Lines:

.

1) Miles to Ben: “I loved in those houses 30 years before you did. Otherwise known as last week.”

.

2) Exchange between Ben & Richard while getting the C-4

Ben: Richard, it’s your idea. Are we looking to cripple the plane or blow it to hell?

Richard: Blow it to hell.

Ben: Then we better take it all.

.

3) Desmond to Sawyer: “I’m the suspect.”

.

4) Sideways Ben explaining his injuries to Alex: “I found myself confronting someone who had a bit of a temper.”

.

5) Jacob responding to Kate’s question: “It’s just a line of chalk in a cave. The job is yours if you want it Kate.”

.

6) Sawyer while watching Jack’s initiation: “And I thought that guy had a God complex before.”
.
.
.
I'll be waiting Monday Morning to hear what you thought of the Finale!!! Be sure to let me know your thoughts and opinions. :)

1 comment:

Sabra said...

I am so glad tonight is the end. I'm ready. It's become exhausting trying to keep it all straight and trying to make sense of it all has become burdonsome.

You and Bobby do just fine keeping up. It's amazing.