Tuesday, March 16, 2010

LOST with James

**LOST Spoilers Ahead...Proceed With Caution**

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I’ve decided that if I don’t type this up immediately following tonight’s episode, I won’t get it done at all. So here goes:

.

1) BSM Locke is a bad, bad guy. I know I’ve said that before, but with Lost, you just never know. Sometimes a character will seem bad, but turn out to be good…just misunderstood. The more we get into this season, the more we see of BSM’s choices, the more I’m convinced that he truly is evil.

.

For example, BSM Locke tells the Others who followed him that the “Black Smoke” killed the people at the temple. He completely fails to mention that he is the Black Smoke. Then, when the children get scared, he comforts them by telling them that he will take care of them. Really Locke?? REALLY??? Aren’t YOU the one that just killed everyone? Ey-yah!

.

Another example is when BSM Locke trying to explain to Kate why Claire is bent on killing her. BSM tells Kate that in order to help Claire move forward, he had to give her something to hate, so he told her that the Others had taken Aaron. Ummm… Why did Claire have to have something to hate? Why couldn’t you have just told her that Aaron was safe and sound off the Island? You could have told her that someday she might get off the Island too and then she could see Aaron again, they would be reunited. I think a bit of Hope would have been a better something to give than Hate. Don’t you?

.

We also got a bit more information about the BSM’s pre-Island life. He grew up with a crazy mom. Ummm. Okay. That seems like TMI right now, but I’m sure it will prove very important later on.

.

2) How great was it when James said “LeFleur” and in stormed the troops? I did NOT see that coming! I thought he would just sweet talk his way out, like the dear conman we have all come to know and love. But nope! He was telling the truth. The place was surrounded. Haha! That was such a great move! Good job LOST writers! And making Miles his partner was just a stroke of genius. They worked so well on the Island together, it makes sense that they would be partners in Sideways as well.

.

I appreciate that Miles has a strong character, that he stands up to James and expects complete honesty from his partner. I was worried he would be a patsy to James and just take whatever bull he dealt. Miles definitely did not. When James finally confessed his plan for killing Sawyer, Miles says absolutely he will talk him out of it. And I believe he will. That someway or another, Miles will make sure that his partner doesn’t end up a murderer. Of course, that conversation got cut short when Kate’s car slammed into James’ car.

.

3) I called it! Claire tried to kill Kate and BSM Locke stepped in to stop her. Poor crazy Claire. How weird was it when she later apologized to Kate and thanked her for taking care of Aaron? I kept expecting her to pull out a knife and finish Kate off. I’m still expecting it. I don’t think we’ve seen the end of that.

.

4) Hubby called that Zoey was with Whidmore. I told him he was way off. Oops. How did all those people get there? Only so many could have fit on the sub. Were they on the plane too? And what did happen to the pile of dead people? I’m thinking BSM killed them. What do you think?

.

5) Whidmore is a smart man. He’s worked for a long time to get to the Island. He even brought Pylons with him. Good job Charles! I’m hoping that he doesn’t buy in completely to the lines Sawyer is feeding. As for Sawyer, he is playing both sides. That could come back to bite him in the bum. Neither Whidmore nor BSM will be kind to him if they find out. At least with Whidmore, Sawyer would be able to duck and dodge and maybe make it out alive. But with BSM, well, there is no way to avoid that monster.

.

Does anyone want to take a guess as to what is in the locked room on the Sub? I am wracking my brain, but am coming up with so many crazy ideas I just don’t know which way to go. Any insight into that would be greatly appreciated.

.

6) Sawyer promised Jin that he would help him find Sun. I didn’t think that Jin would willingly go with Locke. Too bad he’s physically unable to get away. He’s still stuck in BSM’s gang. Sawyer and Jin were together for the last three years, as was Miles. Sawyer does seem loyal to those people that he chooses to be his friends. I’m betting that he keeps his promise to Jin.

.

I was a bit taken aback when Sawyer approached Kate at the fire. He said, “You and Me are getting off this Island.” I started wondering if he was going to bail on the other people he cared about like Hurley, Miles, Jin and Sun. We all know that he doesn’t care what happens to Jack, but I do think he might try to get the others off…maybe…

.

7) Charlotte was a fun character in this episode. During the date she called James on his bull. Always a good sign. Juliet would do that to him too. I miss Juliet. :( I thought they might actually work out, then the girl got all snoopy in James’ stuff. Sheesh. Don’t go through somebody’s private stuff! It doesn’t matter if you just slept with him, you’ve only known the man for a few hours and he is a very private man. I felt bad for her getting kicked out at three in the morning, but felt she deserved it after nosing around.

.

Then a day or so later, when James shows up on her doorstep to apologize…Hahaha! She lets him have it. Admit it, you would have totally caved and let him come in. Haha! But not Charlotte. She tears into him a bit and tells him he blew it. Whoa! No second chances with this gal.

.

8) How weird was it to see James watching “Little House on the Prairie”. Poor little orphan boy. He misses his mom and dad. As Papa Charles Ingalls explains to Laura that people aren’t gone when they’re dead, that they’re still with us in all our good memories, James seems to have a small epiphany. That moment appears to be the catalyst to James trying to make amends with Charlotte and Miles.

.

9) Seeing Charlotte made me think of Farady and wonder where he was. Then it dawned on me! If the Island had blown up in the 1970’s, some of the characters we know now would be dead.

.

First, remember last week’s episode…Ben’s Dad said maybe they should have stayed on the Island, that Ben’s life might have been better. (BTW it was nice to see Ben and his Dad have a caring relationship in Sideways last week.)

.

If Ben left when he was still young, he never got Whidmore kicked off the Island. When the Island blew up, Whidmore would have still been there, along with Faraday’s Mom and possibly a baby Faraday. So those three characters can be crossed off the Sideways storyline.

.

Now, Penny would still be alive. She was born off the Island to a different Momma. And Desmond would most likely still have met her, but instead of trying (and failing) to prove himself to Daddy Whidmore, he and Penny could have just lived happily. Hooray! At least one couple would have had a happy ending…assuming they still meet…I'm going to assume they did meet, because I really liked both Penny and Desmond's characters.

.

10) The promo for next week says that we will finally get Richard’s story. I am excited. I hope it’s a good one. I’ve been imagining his story for so long now. I can hardly wait to see what it really is. I’m also interested in seeing exactly what kind of touch Jacob gave him to make it so he never ages again.
.
.
.
Well, that's it for me. I am going to bed. In case you didn't see, I did end up writing about last week's episode. I posted that entry this morning.
.
On a pregnancy note, Joe is helping me with my countdown. I'm counting weeks, he's counting days. As of today I have "35 days left to Zero". That means only 14 days left until I'm considered full term. Wish me luck. Oh! And did I mention one of the names I'm considering is Jim... Of course, that consideration has nothing to do with Sawyer or Lost...nothing at all. ;)

1 comment:

Tina said...

Thank you for typing it immediately. We didn't watch Lost on Tuesday, and I promised my girls I wouldn't watch it until we all had time. Well, when I saw your post title, I convinced them that we HAD to watch it last night, instead of waiting for the weekend. (Isn't it funny, a mom convincing her kids to watch tv?)

I LOVED when he said LeFleur. I wasn't expecting it either. Those moments that I just haven't imagined are the best. I also loved that he watched LHOTP. My girls thought that was the lamest thing, but they didn't grow up on that like I did.

Good luck with the countdown, and the naming!