Thursday, August 27, 2009

I AM VICTORIOUS!!!

I valiantly fought for many long months. Day in and day out I struggled, seeking any means whereby I might overcome my opponent. I studied battle tactics, invested in a variety of battle gear, and formulated many grand schemes. In the end it all boiled down to perseverance and determination, of which I have plenty.

During the final weeks of battle, I blasted nests numbers eight, nine, ten, and eleven. Casualties include one egg from nest and two eggs from nest eleven; their shells still litter my front planter. After eleven nests built and eleven nests destroyed, with nary a live chick to their names, the pigeon couple finally surrendered! They came back only once, to survey the damage and view their shattered eggs. Being the heartless shrew that I am, I quickly turned the firehouse on and chased them away from my house. They haven't returned.

At first, I feared they had found some loophole. Some trick in which they could sneak back into my eaves under detection. But no! (Unless they have magically turned invisible and turned their nest-building materials invisible. And if they have, that's okay because their poop turned invisible too!) They are GONE! And after waiting for four solid weeks, I think it is safe to declare myself Victorious! Shout the good news from the rooftops. My House is Pigeon Free!!! Join with me in celebration, for Today is a Glorious Day! Hoorah! Hoorah! Hoorah!!


Now if only I could get rid of the fire ants...

5 comments:

Nancy Face said...

Hoorah! Hoorah! Hoorah! :D

I am just foolish enough to think pigeons are kinda cute...but Kris Face HATES them, HAHA! :D

T.R. said...

Wow, remind me to stay on your good side!

I just noticed that you commented on my blog all the way back in February. And I have finally responded!

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=6924142923813759645&postID=7151542134553678312&page=1

Thanks!

Tina said...

I need to approach this issue with the same drive as you have, or I will never be able to proclaim victory...

Christina said...

Congrats! That is quite the accomplishment. As for the ants, I succesfully used a Borax/sugar solution that I found online somewhere. I can't remember exactly what it was, but maybe you could look it up and give it a try.

Crunchyconmommy said...

Congrats! I can never see the phrase in the title of your post without hearing the Saturday Night Live skit with Will Ferrell playing George W. Bush: "I am... Victorian!"

As for your comment on my blog (not sure whether you get followup comments automatically or not!), the ducky was there as part of a an eighth grade fundraiser: do you remember the Topeka Duck Races? They are doing something with that this year. And the parking spot is the what we have gotten at the school auction every year since Sam was born! This is probably the last year we will have it, but boy, has it been nice! It cracks David up that I would rather have a parking spot than jewelry!